Am I the only one who…

…admits to having a slightly healthy obsession with 1 game in particular?

I do like this game, in whatever format it appears. So, what games do you obsess over?

Advertisements

About smuggsy

Life is Retro...
This entry was posted in computing, gaming, retro and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Am I the only one who…

1. chaelura says:

Oh believe me, I’m with you! My obsession with Silent Hill 2 is probably less than healthy πŸ˜‰

• smuggsy says:

I can’t believe I’m saying this out loud but “I’ve never played an SH game” – shame on me!
      So, Chaelura, what is the appeal? Presumably I should just give myself 70 lashes and instantly buy the HD version πŸ™‚

• Chaelura says:

For shame! πŸ˜‰ It’s all about story and atmosphere with Silent Hill… you feel completely and utterly alone, monsters shamble and just get under your skin with their creepiness rather than jump out and yell “BOO”, and it’s crammed with symbolism and double-meanings. As for the HD version, I’d love to say *YES GO FOR IT* but there are (were? they may have patched these) fairly annoying framerate issues. Although the new voice acting in HD pretty well blows away the original. Still, play SH2 any version you can. Well worth it!

• smuggsy says:

Okey dokey, sounds good, thanks for the insight. Consider it on my to-get list πŸ™‚

2. stiggyworld says:

Nice CE collection mate, you really do like this game. Interesting cover/name change on the US Genesis version, although I much prefer the original steam punk cover.

For me, it would have to Flashback and Prince of Persia..for the latter I even have the Sam Coupe version, even though I don’t have the machine!…..yet.

Oh and my hatred of double dragon for the c64 borderlines on the obsessive πŸ™‚

• smuggsy says:

Thanks mate πŸ™‚
      2 great choices of yours too. My Chaos Engine obsession is only slightly worse than my ‘Another World’ obsession. I do have Flashback for the Amiga and the Megadrive, think I’ll put the MD version on at the weekend.
      Another World, Flashback and Prince of Persia would all easily sit in my top 10 favourite games.

3. Peisinoe says:

I’m obsessed with anything Zelda (except CD-i), but that’s not a single game.

• smuggsy says:

Great games indeed. Would you put OoT at the top of the list? It is one of my fave games, along with Twilight Princess. I’m not getting the same feeling from Skyward Sword though, perhaps I am getting old πŸ™‚

• Peisinoe says:

OoT isn’t at the top, but it’s close. ALttP is my favorite in the series. I loved TP, but SS just doesn’t have the same feel. Something is off about it. I mean, I enjoy it, but it’s not the same.

• smuggsy says:

Ah, I missed out on ALttP the 1st time round, but I actually have a nice shiny SNES on the way – so I’ll look out for a copy.
        I know what you mean about SS, it is missing something, probably in the same way that most Final Fantasy games have been missing something since FFVII πŸ™‚

4. If you’re interested, I’ve got Chaos Engine for the Amiga CD32. It’s an original and in reasonable good shape. If you’re interested in making a deal, please give me a sign. You can get it for cheap, since you’re so into the game. πŸ˜‰ Would be nice if a true fan could take care of it.